Monday, February 28

Million Dollar Baby

I know this means a whole pile of nothing after it won all those delicious awards last night, but you should go see this movie. I saw it on Thursday night by myself in the third row of a nearly empty theater and I don't think I would have had it any other way. When I left, I didn't want to talk to anyone about it, and I found myself thinking about it the entire weekend.

Consider yourself warned: I take no responsibility for the emotional shock you're liable to experience for whatever amount of time after seeing this movie (for me: two days).

It's made me think about a lot of interesting questions that I can't even bring up for fear of spoilers. There are enough right-wing "critics" going around spoiling this movie and I don't want to add to the jerk parade.

No comments: