Monday, October 3

Shame on you, America

[fanboy transmission]

1. Flightplan - $15.0M
2. Serenity - $10.1M
3. Tim Burton's Corpse Bride - $9.8M
4. A History of Violence - $8.2M
5. Into the Blue - $7.0M

I must highlight the fact that the cinematic turd known as Flightplan outearned the delicious feast that is Serenity. $10.1 million isn't going to do it. The world needs sequels to be made! Well, I need sequels to be made, but let's not split hairs here.

It is encouraging that Serenity has the second highest dollars per theater figure. I'll be going again sometime this week, and you should too.

[/fanboy transmission]

5 comments:

Jon said...

hey broski, did you see historia de violencia? if so, i need a parker post-game on it (even though i'm gonna see it regardless).

Zach said...

No, I haven't seen it yet. Because I was coerced into seeing Serenity on Friday, I didn't trek out to AMC on Sunday. I'll let you know, because I'm seeing it soon, hopefully.

Anonymous said...

Corpse Bride was very good. Burton is excellent at creating another world that serves to illuminate ours smartly. The morals of the story are simple, fairy tale nuggets of wisdom. The animation is beautiful, simply beautiful! See it.

Anonymous said...

Heheh. I liked Serenity a lot. However, I also watched Flight Plan (because other people wanted to watch it, I had no great desire) so my contribution was a net of zero. Maybe.

--Dennis

NateWazoo said...

Serenity is good. And History of Violence is good, but it is also the most greusome movie I've ever seen. And I've seen many.

Here's a scale and comparison, to give you an idea:

Let's say that Boondock Saints and Kill Bill both hold a violence level of attack dog. Something like Shaun of the Dead might be at the level of saber-toothed rabbit. Using this kind of scale, History of Violence is a cannibal that ritualistically eats you alive after dumping your skinned body in a vat of salt water.

But it's good. But...well, I wouldn't eat before you go.