Tuesday, May 15

Musical extravaganza!

Here's a couple of music-related youtube videos that I think you'll enjoy.

Flight of the Conchords, formerly New Zealand's fourth-most popular folk parody duo, is pretty funny:



That one came via Jordan via Seth via who knows where. There are more here.

I may lose Man Points over this one, but I really dig on this one. It's Imogen Heap and this funky looping gadget recreating an entire electronic song live. I think it's righteous that there are talented people performing in that genre and that she can do her stuff live without just singing over samples. I love her voice and the layering in the song is very well done. Yay.



That one was from Digg, and I thoroughly dugg it. (NINJA EDIT) I just wanted to update this to say that, while I enjoy her music, she scares the crap out of me and I think I'd run away from her in real life. (/NINJA EDIT)

And in case you haven't laughed at something ridiculous today, here's a guy playing the Legend of Zelda theme on an 11-string bass.



I can just imagine this guy buying a bass:

Guy's Friend: Hey, man, look at all these 4-, 5- and 6-string basses. Certainly they must be enough for every possible bassing configuration!
Guy: Oooh, look at that one.
Guy's Friend: That's ridiculous!
Guy: This one goes to eleven.
Guy's Friend: But why not just buy a 5-string and a 6-string? What's the point in having 11 strings all on one bass?
Guy: This one goes to eleven.

I hope he does other stuff on that bass besides just tap. You may as well buy a piano or a dulcimer if you're gonna play like that.

This concludes the musical extravaganza. I hope you were completely extravaganzed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know I was.

BINARY SOLO!