Sunday, May 22

This post occurs in real time

Man, I loves me some scripted television. I watched a couple seasons of reality shows, but for me it's gotten to the point that it's just the same "watch people be complete asses to each other while they starve/live together/run a business" theme over and over again. I've never found that terribly compelling, so I usually watch shows that take some actual craft to produce, that harness the awesome stallion of drama in a way reality shows cannot.

Here's what I watched this fine television season, along with haiku synopses:

24:

Oh no, terrorists
Hourly cliffhangers drop jaws
Jack Bauer yells; YES!

House:

That guy's really sick
Someone risks the patient's life!
House pops pills and limps

The Shield:

Gritty and brutal
The cops can be bad guys, too
Michael Chiklis rules

Lost:

Plane crash strands forty
Island life and backstories
Something eats people

Arrested Development:

Best comedy on
Bluth family sure is weird
This almost got canned?

Grey's Anatomy:

Unprepared interns
Start careers in medicine
Nicely bittersweet

I may not be cultured enough to read literary classics as my primary form of entertainment/enlightenment, but as long as I can express my love for television through mangled poetry, I can live with that.

4 comments:

Zach said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Zach said...

Praise from Caesar!

Zach said...

Dang, everyone knows that's me that screwed up my own comment. There was an extraneous "wow" in there that I didn't like. Too much golly-gee and not enough manly compliment-taking.

Michelle said...

I enjoyed the hyku. I think you just about got a show for every night of the week. Solicit T.V. guide and you may be published.
Anyways I am on a blogging safari, and would like you to post back on my site so I can find you again.