Saturday, March 24

Shooter

I saw Shooter today and it was a decent movie. A little on the long side for a silly action movie, but overall pretty entertaining. Here are two reasons why guys will like this movie:

1) Deep down, all guys want to be a sniper.
2) Deep down, all guys want to be Mark Wahlberg.

Also, things blow up. In a horribly embarassing name-drop incident, the bad guys, who are supposedly high up in government / conspiracy stuff, mention that Google Maps places one location 3 blocks from another location. Why would government-ish personnel, likely with access to FBI databases, use Google Maps? If this is the future of advertising, I am very freaked out.

Meanwhile, it's come to my attention that I can no longer tolerate Danny Glover.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with point 1, but not with point 2. Especially with his ridiculous facial hair, what was up with that? It was as bad as his haircut in The Departed. I also thought Danny Glover was annoying, was it just me or was he speaking with a growl? I think it was supposed to be intimidating but it was annoying.

I loved the Russian in the wheelchair that popped out of nowhere with random insight. Grade A hilarity.

Zach said...

The bad facial hair is what lets us know he's human. Who'd want to be perfect?