Saturday, March 3

They may be on to something here

Like most other creatures with a Y chromosome, I am eagerly awaiting the release of 300 next week. Battle sequences, slow motion, screaming "Sparta!", slow motion, wicked-looking visuals and slow motion all just tug at my innermost caveman impulses. It looks so insane I want to see it opening night with a lot of people there--which, if you know me, you know I never do.

It wasn't until I was watching Leno last night and I heard the women screaming as Gerard Butler (who plays King Leonidas) walked on stage that I realized that the chicks are going to dig this movie too. The movie is full of half-naked Spartan man candy. Who cares if it's all slow motion battles, right?

This movie is going to gross more than Titanic.

If the movie does suck, though, other film distributors should take note and hire the folks that did the trailers for this one. Now that's a trailer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, most of the girls I know would like those guys better if:

1. They wore underwear
2. The would help out with the dishes every once in a while...

"JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE A PERFECT 6 TO 8 PACK, DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN SHIRK YOUR ON THE CHORES!!"

Lauren said...

Now, explain to me why my Y chromosome buddy (aka my husband) didn't want to see said movie? I had to go with my brother. See post here. Also, bloody man candy, not so appealing.